Blaauwberg Nature Reserve will be taking part in the Clean-up SA
week by running beach clean-ups at different locations every day
between Monday September 14 to Saturday September 19.
The week builds up to International Coastal Clean-up Day on
September 19 where more than 700 000 volunteers in 120 countries around the world take part in the world’s biggest clean-up.
The beach clean-ups will focus on the coast from Melkbosstrand
to the Eerste Steen Resort. City of Cape Town staff will be at the
various sites from 9am to 2pm every day to supply volunteers
with collection bags. All volunteers must arrive wearing a mask
and comply with all Covid-19 health and safety regulations and
guidelines on the day.
Beaches to be cleaned:
– 14 September Melkbosstrand, Parking in 1st Avenue
– 15 September, Holbaai, parking, Otto du Plessis Drive
– 16 September, Kelpbaai, parking, Otto du Plessis Drive
– 17 September, Kreeftebaai, parking, Otto du Plessis Drive
– 18 September, Derdesteen, parking, Otto du Plessis drive
– 19 September, Eerste Steen resort, Otto du Plessis Drive