Woman murdered outside her home in Site 5

A 30-year-old woman was stabbed to death after she confronted a man urinating against the side of her home.

Table View police officers called to the scene in Site 5 on Saturday November 26, at 9pm, found the dead woman lying on the ground surrounded by residents.

Table View police spokeswoman Adriana Chandler said: “According to a witness, the woman confronted an unknown man urinating against her home. The man turned around and stabbed the woman with an unknown object in the neck and ran away. The deceased would have celebrated her 31st birthday on 21 December.”

Police arrested a 33-year-old man riding a stolen motorbike on the West Coast Road, on Saturday afternoon. When officers checked the bike’s licence, they found it had been stolen in Cape Town a few days earlier. The man claimed to have bought it from someone but could not provide proof of purchase or contact details of the seller.

A man armed with a screwdriver startled a Table View woman in her Raats Drive home on Sunday morning November 27. The man had forced opened a patio sliding door. He told the woman to remain quiet. He took two undisclosed items and left without hurting her, said Captain Chandler.

Acting on a tip-off, police found dagga hidden in a duvet cover and arrested three women after searching a Table View house on Friday November 25.

On the same day, officers pulled over a car on Marine Drive after it had been linked to a vehicle-theft case. They arrested the male driver after finding dagga in the car.

Table View police arrested a man in possession of R1.5 million worth of abalone on Wednesday November 23.

Acting on a tip-off, officers arrived at a storage unit in Table View. A 27-year-old foreign national was standing in front of it. Inside the storage unit, the officers found large bags holding 12 700 abalone, cleaning materials and a scale, said Captain Chandler.

“The suspect denied that the abalone was his and kept quiet from that moment on,” said Captain Chandler. The officers arrested the man who appeared in the Cape Town Magistrate’s Court on Friday November 25.